Games Review Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unreal Tournament UK Import Review

Go down

Unreal Tournament UK Import Review Empty Unreal Tournament UK Import Review

Post  Admin Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:57 pm

Alright so because im from the UK i decided i was gonna import this game cuz im a UT fan and i couldnt wait, luckly Manje10 here on Games Review Planet also imported and i have borred his copy and now i can write my review

this game is awesome! any PS3 owners who like FPS games in the UK needs to import this game!!

basically you can play Campaign, Instant action and online multiplayer.

lemme start off with Campaign;

you play as Reaper one of the Ronin who were a clan of warriors whose duty was to defend the Twin Souls mining colony - after Twin Souls was destroyed by the Necris, they fled to Earth and now represent Izanagi Corporation, who sponsor them as mercenaries and Tournament combatants. They were given their name by the Izanagi. Thats where i will not tell you anymore about the characters and plot

unfortunatly the campaign is quite weak, its more like a tutorial loosely tied together with a story and it is great for new people to the UT franchise but for UT veterans you probally wont enjoy it. personally i think it is ok its good in teaching you the different modes of play in the game and what to do but overall for an actual campaign its not very good.

Instant action;

this is where the fun begins you can play against bots to sharpen your skills instead of beening thrown right into online play modes to choose from are as follows;

Deathmatch

Team Deathmatch

Capture the flag

Duel: A one versus one gametype

Warfare: its like Onslaught and Assault for you old school UT players. While basic game rules are equal to those of Onslaught, Warfare adds unlinked nodes which can always be captured (supplying the capturing team with vehicles and a spawnpoint) and countdown nodes (which, after being captured and defended for a certain period of time, create a vehicle or trigger an event helpful to the capturing team) as well as the orb, which can be used to instantly capture and defend nodes.

Vehicle Capture the Flag: Capture the Flag, with vehicles as part of the map; this exists as a separate game type to Capture the Flag

Online multiplayer:

i cant really properly judge online play just yet as i have only played a few matches however from the matches i did play it is really good and alot of fun. You can use your headset to chat to fellow team mates and there are dedicated servers i do know you can edit your character you can choose a differnt race and different armour and stuff which is cool

the new awesome thing for us PS3 owners is that you can now download mods for UT3 the PC version comes with a UT3 tools editor that allows players to create new mutators and maps. PS3 owners dont get this but we can download the new maps from the net and upload them onto UT3 i can see this beeing very popular in the near future when more maps gets released. i downloaded some of the mod maps and they are really beautiful my congratulations to those making them. This option will definatly keep the game fresh by having new maps to play.

there are some problems though...

no splitscreen online- this is a real shame Epic needs to release a patch that allows this in the game

no splitscreen offline- this again needs to be fixed then me and my mates can do some fragging of bots together offline

Mic support online- awfully quiet online no one speaks and apparently its hard to communicate online i havent tried this yet but apparently it is beeing fixed

overall this game is awesome if your more of a single player campaign fan i would stay away because the campaign really isnt worth buying the game for, however if you enjoy fragging bots and other players online you need this game. If you overlook some of the slight flaws the game is a must buy for US PS3 owners and UK PS3 owners to import

Presentation: 9.0
good easy to navigate menus everything is set out clearly and looks good

Graphics: 10.0
wow i thought the best looking game was GEARS OF WAR but this just right up there with it, the characters look great and the scenery is superb

Sound: 9.0
everything from your team mates shouting orders to the announcer shouting HEADSHOT and ULTRA KILL sounds awesome and the sound of your oppents body parts been blown apart sounds even better...

Gameplay: 8.0
Campaign is rather bad but not bad to make you not want to play it first, everything else is great that's why i give it an 8

Lasting Appeal: 10.0
i can see this lasting a long while, with bots to frag if your mates are offline and online play as well plus the mod maps avaible to download this can keep the game fresh and alive for a long while

OVERALL: 9.5

(out of 10 / not an average)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://gamesreviewplanet.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down